Re: discover Debian package maintainer

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:16:24AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:11:58PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > And one last question: To make the package build on non-i386 archs I had
> > to copy the kernel pcmcia headers into the package source. I have done
> > this in a sperate directory for now, but the most clean solution seem to
> > me to have them in the same directory as the discover pcmcia stuff as
> > normal non-system headers. Would you accept a patch for that?
>
> I'd like to get some other opinions on this.  Eric, are you still
> subscribed?

Notice that the common opinion on LKML is that kernel headers should not
be used in userland apps, and that the used headers must be copied inside
the userland apps source.

See the mess caused by the linux-kernel-headers package as an example of
the things that may go wrong if you don't do it like that.

Friendly,

Sven Luther