Re: I can't see the chinese translation in real installaion?

Quoting Carlos Z.F. Liu (carlos_liu@yahoo.com):

> How to resolve this problem?
> Have I to download the big netinst ISO?
>
> I'm not on the list, please cc the reply to me.

I found the bug. This is a languagechooser bug.

You just need to change the following in languagelist:

Chinese (Simplified);zh_CN;zh;CN;

Chinese (Simplified);zh_CN;zh;CN;zh_CN:zh:en_GB:en

With this only modification, I was able to choose Chinese from the
language list and then I got some Chinese displayed (quite properly as
far as I can tell) in the next screens. Of course, as we way in
french, this "was Chinese" to me (common french expression--> "c'est
du chinois" means "I don't understand anything).

I reported this as a bug against cdebconf. Will reassign it to
languagechooser and fix it in CVS.

So, if you want to test out Chinese translations, you need to build
your own CD with the CVS languagechooser (as soon as I have commited
the change).

If you really can't, just ask me-->I'll try to build an exact copy of
beta2 businesscard CD with just languagechooser fixed (or maybe with
languagechooser_ng and countrychooser).

As a chinese translator, I feel important that you can test your
translations.