Re: I can't see the chinese translation in real installaion?

Quoting Carlos Z.F. Liu (carlos_liu@yahoo.com):
> hello,
>
> The Simplified Chinese translation of d-i and base-config were nearly
> finished(97% now). But, when I did a real installation in vmware to verify the
> quality, the only one Chinese sentence I can see was the one in "language
> chooser" page (the third item from the bottom in the list). I tried beta2 and
> all daily(until Jan 18) floppy images and businesscard ISO. (netinst ISO is too
> big to download.) And I also noticed that my language is not the only one with
> this problem, such as arabic.

Arabic in beta2 had no translation.

When one tries with packages built from CVS, some arabic displays (but
is not right-to-left.....work is in progress for this)

About Chinese, however, I confirm your observation. Even with packages
built from CVS, I get absolutely nothing displaying Chinese, only
English....

I do not see any /usr/share/locale/zh_CN directory, may be this....