Re: idea on how to automate the install (kickstart feature)

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
>
> > I belive that all the seen flag setting code currently in d-i is now
> > unnecessary. debconf/showold is set by default in d-i, so cdebconf will
> > happily redisplay all questions repeatedly. So we should probably rip
> > all the seen flag setting code out, both to simplify, to save a little
> > space, and to better allow for automated installs.
> >

> Done in countrychooser and languagechooser (_ng branch only)

One thing I thought of later is that if the package has the potential to
become a deb as well as a udeb and be used on the installed system, then
the seen code needs to be left in, though it could be ifdefed out for
the udeb build. So far only choose-mirror is slated to become a deb too,
AFAIK. And perhaps a hack in debconf would be possible, and a better
solution to this problem.

--
see shy jo