Re: Kudos and nitpicking of german translation of d-i

Quoting Tommi Vainikainen (thv+debian@iki.fi):

> Maybe better solution is to add notice to translators that it must
> include both translated version and english version.  (Or if this is
> done automatically, that is the best.)
>
> So it would be in finnish something like
> patch-nt4.EXE /s

>   "Vaihda kieltä (Change language)"
>
> so it includes both translated and english version.  Then there is no
> more need for FAQ also. :-)

Well, there is no real need for a notice.

Currently, the string is not marked as to be translated in
languagechooser's templates ("Descritpion" instead of "_Description").

But, well, all these suggestions are interesting indeed. I'm feeling
convinced enough and will file a bug report against languagechooser.

Currently, I do not see any drawbacks. "Choose language" is short
enough for leaving translators enough room for their
translation...even in german.../-)

.../...

bug report sent...