Re: Installation report and plans for oldworld power macintoshes

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:30:53PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >       - add the floppy image type for powerpc to the build directory,
> > 	using the "-small" powerpc kernel (the big one won't fit on a
> > 	floppy.) I guess separate boot floppies will be needed for
> > 	different subarches ;
>
> You probably don't care about floppy target on other subarches. I doubt
> they will be usefull on newworld pmac, and other subarches can use
> different install media anyway.

Ok, I won't care. I do care about something, however : is there a
distribution of miBoot in a readable archive format (there seem to be no
stuffit free implementation) ? Is there a license for it ? Is the source
code available ? I can't find this on http://penguinppc.org/~benh/,
which seems to be the home.

Debian woody doesn't seem to contain anything of this, either.

> >       - produce a quik-installer udeb ;
> >       - try to make the commented subarch code in anna come to life, in
> > 	order to get a suitable bootloader for one's subarch.
>
> Oh. That is why the pegasos keyboard detection got broken. Who did
> comment that out and why ?

I don't think so. The piece of code I'm speaking about is just keeping
udebs for wrong subarches from being installed. It'd only help with the
boot loader.

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>