Re: Installation report and plans for oldworld power macintoshes

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:25:33PM +0100, Jeremie Koenig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just finished a sarge installation on OldWorld pmac, using the woody
> miboot boot-floppy-hfs.bin and a home-built kernel. I'm now going to try
> to use this system to get floppy images building for oldworld powermac
> ASAP, the ultimate goal being to get beta2/ppc support oldworld.
>
> My TODO-list for the next days :
>       - add the floppy image type for powerpc to the build directory,
> 	using the "-small" powerpc kernel (the big one won't fit on a
> 	floppy.) I guess separate boot floppies will be needed for
> 	different subarches ;

You probably don't care about floppy target on other subarches. I doubt
they will be usefull on newworld pmac, and other subarches can use
different install media anyway.

>       - produce a quik-installer udeb ;
>       - try to make the commented subarch code in anna come to life, in
> 	order to get a suitable bootloader for one's subarch.

Oh. That is why the pegasos keyboard detection got broken. Who did
comment that out and why ?

Thanks Jeremie for helping out with oldworld pmacs debian-installer.

Friendly,

Sven Luther