Possibilty to load image from network?

I once made a custom Mandrake 8.2 installation system for my office where I
just had a floppy and all the rest was downloaded over the network.

This involved basically a modified SYSLINUX.CFG on the netboot disk that had
a entry like

 label mundn
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=network.rdz ramdisk_size=32000 root=/dev/ram3 \
  vga=788 automatic=network:dhcp,method:nfs,server:192.168.233.1,\
  directory:/usr/samba/arc/linux/mandrake82 \
  auto_install=mundn/auto_inst.cfg.pl

and an Mandrake 8.2 CD image on my server exported via NFS.

The whole idea that this way it was very easy for me to make changed, e.g.
update RPMs or update the auto_inc.cfg.pl file to test things out.

Now I want to make tests with the new debian installer (e.g. I want to put
my own stuff into the various hooks, e.g. to set my own
debconf-preferences). Currently I'd have to burn always a test CD.

Or am I missing something and is something similar possible with one of the
many images available?

Greetings, Holger

--
Try Linux 2.6 from BitKeeper for PXA2x0 CPUs at
http://www.mn-logistik.de/unsupported/linux-2.6/