Re: some more german issues

Am Mit, den 14.01.2004 schrieb Christian Perrier um 20:51:
> Quoting Holger Schurig (h.schurig@mn-logistik.de):
> > In the keyboard-layout choser, you can only select "german (no-dead-keys)",
> > but not the other german format with dead keys.
> >

> > The translation of "no-dead-keys" into "ohne Tottasten" is not good. It
> > means "without Death-keys". Better would be "ohne tote Tasten".
>
> This is indeed "keine Tottasten"...
I think the original proposal "ohne tote Tasten" sound more precise in
german. But as I'm only quite a native german speaker the big cousins to
the north can decide themselves what they like more ;-)
(We speak some funny german dialect here, which real germans don't
understand. If I find the time I could translate d-i to it only to get
the swiss german back to languagechooser again.)

Gaudenz