Strange merge conflicts in d-i/tools/cdrom-detect/debian/po/fi.po

How come d-i/tools/cdrom-detect/debian/po/fi.po is so messed up? I
can't make heads or tails of the file due to the numerous strange
merge conflicts. It looks like two guite different files have been
merged together. KBabel does not want to touch the file, the merge
conflict markings confuse it. I tried to fix them but kbabel refuses
to save the file while it still has errors.

Even the header has two different POT-Creation-Dates, like there
really is two teams writing this file.

I decided to toss the fi.po and copy templates.pot. I'll copy the
translated strings there manually.

Still would like to know what caused the merge conflicts.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI