Re: d-i manual: content status report

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:26:08PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Miroslav Kure wrote:
> > I'd like to wake up developers and convince them to start writing
> > missing bits of documentation.
>
> This is hard to do when you cannot build the docs and see how your
> change looks, so I was very happy to see your post to debian-doc about
> the stuff you have come up with to build the manual.

Until somebody compenent will setup building for official pages, I can
make regular .html builds on my pages? (And anybody can try
him/herself the build script I made.)

Moreover I can serve as an xml-fixing guy for en/ (done so for the
past 4 months, mostly my own headless tagging ;-))

> >    still missing and we need some actualization. *If* Joey claims
> >    beta2 will turn into final in e.g. 3 weeks and Aj sets up
> >    another aggressive release date
>
> This seems fairly unlikely, but I cannot speak for aj.

I know there will be beta3 (partman, slightly new languagechooser,
...) and RC bug count for sarge stalls somewhere about 550.
This was just to scare people a bit and get them attracted.

> >    on stable, desire), where will be manual then? And how much time
> >    will be left for translators to catch up? If my memory serves
> >    well, official documentation for cds and www is built only once
> >    (just before the new stable is released).
>
> I don't see any real reason to do it that way, I would rather build the
> manual at least as freqently as the boot media and always have as
> current a version as possible on the cds and linked to from d-i's
> website.

Sounds great.

--
Miroslav Kure