Re: beta 2 update

At 5 Jan 04 00:11:35 GMT,
Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Remember that the udebs in unstable should be considered frozen now,
> > except for the changes needed for ports.
>
> I have several updates in my tree, waiting for alioth to get back
> online.  The last few days you are the only one that have been able to
> upload changes into the archive, as CVS no longer have been available
> to coordinate the development, and at least I have been waiting for it
> to get back before I could continue with my development.  I do not
> like this freeze, if it mean that my changes will not make it into the
> sarge release.

> I was planning to work on d-i this weekend, but desided to work on
> other stuff because alioth was down.  I suspect others have it the
> same way.

Me too.

I'd like to fix base-config (termwrap) for CJK and Russian (I've
already sent a patch).
Current 2nd stage is completely unusable for them, because base-config
shows messages with unreadable glyph.

I need more testers, but I couldn't recommend to use at the moment.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org