Re: sid 12 Avril 2003 CD 1 iso is broken

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 05:39:45PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 07:13:16AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > You understand, don't you, that sid is not a 'distribution'.  It's
> > simply a random collection of freshly uploaded, untested, bleeding
> > edge software, with dependency issues, bugs, and things that go bump
> > in the night.
> >

> The ordered list is 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable', 'exprimentel', in
> code name is the order list (at this moment) 'woody', 'sarge', 'sarge', 'sid'

Hmmm?  woody = stable, sarge = testing, sid = unstable, experimental =
experimental.  experimental isn't even a proper distro, afaik, just a
staging area for testing packages before they hit sid.

> If you want to avoid 'testing', use 'stable', at this moment 'woody'

I think the OP's original question was more about directly installing
sid, rather than avoiding testing for a particular reason.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?