Re: sid 12 Avril 2003 CD 1 iso is broken

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:12:45PM +0200, Eric Valette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to install sid on my new laptop in order to be able to boot
> 2.5.68+ kernel after testing it on my desktop. I downlaoded the 12 April
> 2003 sid iso image, booted from cd started installation.
>
> I was able to select the language, then the  keyboard, the cdrom was
> detected but then when trying to preload from cd and install modules
> everything went wrong. I get the message :
> 	Cannot find/execute discover
>
> and yes the pacakes has not been preinstalled. Using the shell and
> trying to install from packages on CD before restarting install, I get
> other erros because ldconfig is not found (probably should install
> libc6...).
>
> Do anyone has a hint/fix avoiding to use a testing iso and then upgrade
> (NB I'm a rather experienced debian/linux user).
>
> NB : my laptop is an exotic ASUS and I'm home so installing from jiddo
> or net is painfull...

You understand, don't you, that sid is not a 'distribution'.  It's
simply a random collection of freshly uploaded, untested, bleeding
edge software, with dependency issues, bugs, and things that go bump
in the night.

In short, _no one_ tries to 'install' sid.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman
- Linux Rox -