Re: status of pppoe support in d-i ?

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:36:35PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr wrote:
>
> >I tried to rebuild d-i with ppp-udeb.deb in the local-udeb but it
> >do not build anymore:
> >
> >461 symbols, 375 unresolved
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/bin/mklibs", line 469, in ?
> >    raise "No library provides non-weak " + symbol
> >No library provides non-weak devnam
> devnam is a global variable defined in pppd/options.c, so I don't
> understand why mklibs is complaining.

This variable is used in the rp-pppoe.so plugin.  Mklibs cannot know
that this library is only linked against programs defining this
symbol, and complains.  You can rename this library not to have a
.so extension so that it does not get checked by mklibs, define a
wwak symbol in this library, or better fix plugins not to use global
variables.

Denis