Re: status of pppoe support in d-i ?

allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr wrote:

>There have been some work toward pppoe support in d-i.
>I tried to test the ppp postinst script, but apparently I was not
>skilled to even manage to run it.

md@wonderland:/USR3/src/P/ppp/ppp-2.4.2+20031127$head -3 debian/ppp-udeb.postinst
#!/bin/sh -e
echo "================ $0 DISABLED ================"; exit 0

md@wonderland:/USR3/src/P/ppp/ppp-2.4.2+20031127$

So it's not going to work unless you fix it and compile the package
yourself. The ppp-related part is done, it just needs somebody to finish
the code which asks the three questions with debconf.

>So is there a d-i image with updated ppp-udeb and pppoe modules that I
>could test ?
No. I tried talking with joeyh on IRC multiple times, but I still have
not been able to get hold of him. My request is to include ppp-udeb in
the netinst initrd image.

--
ciao,
Marco