Re: base-config CVS relocated

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:37:27PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Am Die, den 16.12.2003 schrieb Sven Luther um 18:40:
>
> >   2) linux-kernel-di need to be fixed to make use of it.
> What needs fixing there?

The modules are not in the kernel-image package, but in the
kernel-module package, and there need to be subarch suppport to extract
the different kernels from their corresponding kernel-image packages.

There need also to be support for building the builtin initrd, from the
initrd with the modules from the kernel-modules, and using the stuff in
the kernel-build packages.

Finally, we need to fix the floppy target for old world and miboot,
which in turn needs the powerpc-small configuration, which is also
sitting in the NEW queue.

BTW, you didn't tell me if enabling the CONFIG_RTC option in your kernel
will break pmac booting or not.

Friendly,

Svne Luther