Re: base-config CVS relocated

Am Die, den 16.12.2003 schrieb Sven Luther um 10:36:
> Indeed we are ?
>
> Joeyh, what do you think of the powerpc kernel issue, if the plan is
> still have a beta2 in 18 days, and nothing happens in this week about
> the powerpc kernel hold hostage in the NEW queue, i will upload a
> version of the powerpc kernel on friday which works on my box, that is
> which will contain the chrp kernel, and not the newworld pmac one.

Please don't do that. IMO this would be very bad DD behaviour as this
would break all current installs of your package (they are all
powermacs). This can not be justified with your situation as the ones
affected by this breakage would be your users and they are in no way
responsible for the current situation.

You have to find a way to handle this without harming your users.

> At least some discussion need to happen on this, i am sick of the
> current situation.
>
> And even worse, the current powerpc kernel still contains the local root
> exploit, while the version in the NEW queue contains the fixed version.

I can in part understand your anger. But I don't think that the way you
are dealing with it will work. Probably debian-boot is not the right
list to discuss your problem, because it's not really debian-boot
related (although it would help d-i development if the package would be
accepted). I'm not sure, but I think there has not been any processing
of new packages since the compromise. This would at least explain why
your package is not processed now.

gaudenz