Re: base-config CVS relocated

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:27:44PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Furthermore, these packages contain the local root exploit, and there is
> > no way i will let the beta2 be released with them.
>
> As far as I know, *every* kernel in linux-kernel-di still has that
> exploit. At least the i386 one seems to, as it was last updated on 4
> Oct.

Yeah, the difference is that the other maintainers can upload a fixed
package, and one or two days later, the package will be in the daily
builds.

While for the powerpc case :

  1) the upload will be held in the NEW queue for an indefinite time.

  2) linux-kernel-di need to be fixed to make use of it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther