Re: Default bootloader

Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> writes:

> In article <[🔎] 87fzgkuujp.fsf@mrvn.homelinux.org>
> brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de writes:
> >Network configuration:        [ ] none   [ ] dhcp [ ] static [ ] modem/dsl
>
> This seems to imply that all dsl uses the abomination of pppoe.  I've

Thats strange since the word doesn't even appear anywhere in that
line.

> got SDSL at home, and would need to choose static if I was installing
> on a directly connected system.  (Behind my woody system acting as a

If the dsl modem doesn't need any tunneling but acts like any IP
router static or dhcp would be your choice. The dsl choice could
figure that out from further questions and drop you back there if it
fits so noone gets lost. We will see.

> firewall, dhcp would be the correct choice.)  Some DSL providers use
> dhcp without pppoe.
>
> There are also pppoa connetions, some of which requiere non-free
> firmware...

Anything with non-free firmware won't be supported of cause. But some
are free and packaged. People have shown intrest for support so there
is hope.

MfG
        Goswin