Re: (low priority) udeb naming

Joey Hess schrieb:
On 13 Dec 2000 I wrote:

James Troup wrote:

You can't have a .udeb with the same name as a .deb; this is enforced
by katie (i.e. the package will be REJECTed) at JoeyH's specific
request.

BTW my reasoning behind that is it could get confusing if someone
manages to install a udeb onto a full debian system, and then runs into
bugs and we don't realize they are due to the udeb, etc.

But there are obviously other ways to guard against that if it is a
problem. For example, udebs could depend on broken-system, and then dpkg
would be pretty clear about what happens if you install them. :-)
LOL, and rootskel could provide "broken-system" for debian-installer! Hopefully this does not mean that the whole debian-installer will be broken all the time...
We are working to prove this "Provide" woill always be "wrong" :-)

gaudenz