2nd stage packages and d-i (was: Re: Pruning Verbosity)

Quoting Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de):

> What I ment is that the right package to report this to is exim4 or
> base-install. Of cause it affects the installability of debian but it
> just as well affects people updating to exim4 or changing from some
> other mta to exim4.

Of course, I did not really intended to mean that you didn't know
this.

I just wanted to point out that the 2nd stage packages need the same
attention we give to 1st stage ones.....

For instance, I may need support for insisting on debconf templates
change for the shadow package...(#221151). These templates were really
inconsistent with all the work done on d-i package, but there is still
a possibility that the maintainer doesn't care of this and rejects my
suggestions.

(No offense to Karl Ramm, however....this is pure speculation at this
time)