Re: "Templates polishing" first round status

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:58:53AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> > I have penciled in the string freeze in my calendar to end about 1 week
> > before we release beta 2. I'd like to allow enough time in the string
> > freeze for complete new translations to be done in that time, but I
> > don't know how much time it typically takes to translate all of d-i to a
> > new language. Would 1 week be long enough?
>
> Starting from scratch ? That's a bit short, probably.
>
> However, for several languages, the work has been done and re-done
> while "upstream" (that is, english templates) was changed and
> polished.....so, one week would be OK for the most active teams...but
> still short for "teams" with only one or two translators.

I mostly agree, but we do not have to delay because of less active
translators.  IMO one week is enough to polish all PO files.
And if the freeze is announced very early, say 2 weeks before it begins,
then translators have 3 weeks to work on them, which is very fine.

> Denis, do you think it's possible to send once a full report for all
> translations status here to boot ? Or even program your script so that
> it sends a daily report of translation status for all languages to
> -boot (the traffic is already huge anyway... :-))

There is no script, a daily cronjob sends
   http://gluck.debian.org/~barbier/d-i/l10n/fr/STATUS.utf8.txt
to debian-l10n-french.  I do not know whether sending a full status
report to -boot does help, but I could try to if it is useful.

Denis