Re: Slow redraws in the debootstrap stage

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 05:11:26PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Here is another patch.  I managed to get hw-detect to work directly under
> > cdebconf and so could test it, but I prefer anyway to have it reviewed.
> > As the previous one, it only addresses the flashing boxes problem, I
> > still do not know what to do with resized boxes.
>
> Oh hmm, I am not really sure what flashing boxes problem that is, I
> thought this was to fix the resizing progress bar problem. Someone else
> who knows the problem ought to test it.

I am mainly interested to know whether it breaks anything.
If not, I want to apply this patch even if it does not fix any obvious
problem, because it makes it very easy to add a "Working, please wait"
text on the root window which will become visible when no windows are
displayed.  To do so, add
  newtDrawRootText(width/2-11, height/2, "Working, please wait...");
at the end of newt_initialize().

Denis