Re: Slow redraws in the debootstrap stage

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:46:01PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>> during the "install base system" step in d-i, i.e. while debootstrap
>> is running, there is one annoying effect. The newt frontend redraws
>> the whole status box (the progress bar and the text about which file
>> is retrieved respective validated currently) very often (i.e. twice
>> for each package in many cases).
> Please see bug #213669. :-)

FWIW, I have an NMU ready to fix #213669 and #210912 (another
cosmetical/user-friendliess problem with debootstrap under d-i), but my
sponsor didn't have time to upload it before the beta yesterday. The changes
are quite small -- if anybody else would like to take a look at it and do the
NMU (as per debootstrap's README.Debian), feel free to contact me. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/