build/debian dir

Hi,

I went through the build/debian dir in my branch, cleaned it up and
made it do something usefull (see below).

I'm going to sleep now and when I wake up and haven't thought about
another problem with the current setup I will start looking for a
sponsor. Anyone objecting to the new build script and debian scripts
should speak now or forever rest. You probably have ~12h counting from
now. I will merge the scripts into the main branch once the
autobuilders had a go at it.

------------------------[ build/debian/control ]----------------------
Source: debian-installer
Section: debian-installer
Build-Depends: ...
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
Uploaders: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Standards-Version: 3.6.0

Package: debian-installer-source
Architecture: all
Section: devel
Depends: ...
 This package contains the neccessary source files and scripts used to
 build the official Debian installer images for floppy, cdrom, network
 and harddisk installs.
 .
 Note that you need access to a rsync debian mirror to download
 neccessary udebs, debs and extra files at least once.

Package: debian-installer-buildlogs
Architecture: any
 This package is responsible for triggering a fresh build of debian
 installer images on the autobuilders.
 .
 The contents of this package is the logfile and asorted status files
 needed by the debian installer developers to sort out bugs in the
 build process and keep track of the amount of free space on each
 medium.

debian-installer-source is so people can "apt-get install
debian-installer-source" and rebuild Debian Installer CDs (when sarge
is released, till then it just along for the ride).

debian-installer-buildlogs will (try to) build all images allowed for
<arch> and put the build log and diskusage-* in
usr/share/doc/debian-installer-buildlogs. Its a udeb cause its only
intresting for us and noways cares about policy.

Currently the building of images fails with:
  pcmcia-udeb: Depends: pcmcia-modules but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Images are thrown away after building. I haven't heard back from
either the debian-cd maintainer nor the ftpmaster on how they want to
have the images wraped up and where to ship them.

Could be my local mirror but I'm too tired to check that out now.

MfG
        Goswin