Re: rootskel: /linuxrc -> /sbin/init move

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > I commited the changes needed for the /linuxrc /sbin/init move. I
> > changed rootskel, build/Makefile and various bootloader config in
> > build/boot/.
> >
> > Those changes go hand in hand so a new rootskel needs to be released
> > and enter sid before the build script will produce working images
> > again (either branch). (Having cvs rootskel in localudebs will do.)
> >
> > MfG
> >         Goswin
> >
> > PS: I'm not a DD so I can't upload rootskel
>
> In the meantime you have left the boot images in an unusable state
> until a new rootskel gets through. Did you think about perhaps trying to
> get the new rootskel in first, and then do the commit at the very minute
> it went in, thus leaving the system broken for no more than the mirror
> sync time?
>
> In case you forget, we are still trying to produce usable autobuilt CD
> images again, after having them broken for over a week. This is not the
> best time to be randomly breaking more stuff.
>
> I have uploaded the new rootskel, and reverted your changes until it is
> on the mirrors.

It breaks the already broken i386 and powerpc and makes alpha, mips,
mipsel and sparc bootable. I think thats a good tradeoff.

Its been about ~2h since your upload and the queue runs hourly. Why
wasn't there an ACCEPTED mail yet? When someone sponsors a package of
mine I usually get that within minutes after the queue runs.

MfG
        Goswin