Re: New images build script - call for testing round 2

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> Gosinw, your quota is full, this mail will not reach you :((

I hate viruses. If I don't fetch my mail every hours the university
mailserver overflows.

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 05:05:08AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > When you build check the output carefully for missing
> > pkg-lists/... and media-lists/... They don't stop the Makefile but
> > mean noone wrote a pgk-list for your arch yet. (see below)
> >
> > I copied the existing pkg-lists around to the new places. So if it
> > works in the normal branch it should work here too, mostly.

> I append here the log file for a ppc run of it.
>
> There seem to be two strange things going one in it :
>
> missing list, pkg-lists/initrd-floppy-boot/powerpc, for type
> initrd-floppy-boot at ./pkg-list line 15.

% ls pkg-lists.old/bootfloppy
CVS/  common  i386
% ls pkg-lists/initrd-floppy-boot
CVS/  common  i386

There never was a list for the first bootfloppy for powerpc. As I
wrote, in such a case look at the i386 one and adapt it.
Here is a mapping between old an new names:

old		  new
access/		  - (what are those two for?)
access_drivers/	  -
base		  base
bootfloppy/	  initrd-floppy-boot/
cd_drivers/	  initrd-floppy-cdrom/
cdrom/		  initrd-cdrom-boot/ initrd-cdrom-udebs/
floppy/		  initrd-floppy-initrd/
hd-media/	  - (soon initrd-foreign-boot or link to initrd-net-boot)
kernel		  kernel
net_drivers/	  initrd-floppy-net/
netboot/	  - (soon initrd-net-boot)
scsi_drivers/	  initrd-floppy-scsi/

> grep: media-lists//debs-common: No such file or directory

Fixed in CVS.

> Well, the missing packages list should be normal, altough i wonder why
> initrd-cdrom-base is among them. What is stranger is the
> media-lists//debs-common lines.

initrd-cdrom-base should link to initrd-cdrom-udebs. Creating that now.

> The other strange point, is that it seems as if the i386 modules get
> mirrored also, while there is absolutely no reason that they should :

> adding cdrom-modules-2.4.22-1-386-udeb

They are listed in media-lists/cdrom-udebs/udebs-common.

What happens is that partialize-mirorr.sh looks for them in Packages
but won't find them. No harm done but I will fix that.

> Also, the make run fails with :

> # Library reduction.
> mkdir -p ./tmp/initrd-tree-floppy-boot/lib
> mklibs  -v -d ./tmp/initrd-tree-floppy-boot/lib
> --root=./tmp/initrd-tree-floppy-boot `find ./tmp/initrd-tree-floppy-boot
> -type f -perm +0111 -o -name '*.so'`
> E: Dynamic linker not found, aborting.

> (It worked yesterday :(() I append the full log in /tmp/log2 too.

Wow, thats a new one. Does the main branch still build?

> Friendly,

> Sven Luther

MfG
	Goswin