what can I do for debian installer for Alpha?

Hi, I have an Alpha machine (XP1000) currently running woody.  I'd like to be
of some help in getting the new installer working properly on this
architecture.  How can I best do that?  Is now a good time to get involved, or
is it still too early?

I think I have enough time to do test installs and more debugging of problems
I encounter than Joe Average user, but I am not at all familiar with how the
installer works.  It's easy for me to create an install CD using jigdo.  I've
done that already.  Installing with it did not get far.  Should I just start
posting messages about the problems I encounter to this list, or file bugs, or
both?

--
Neil Roeth