New images build script - call for testing round 2

I updated my branch (-r mrvn) again and its time for another round of

Take note of build/TODO, build/config/main (mirror setup) and
build/config/targets (what to build). You can leave it as it is unless
you want to grab the ~50MB partial mirror from somewhere nearer.

When you build check the output carefully for missing
pkg-lists/... and media-lists/... They don't stop the Makefile but
mean noone wrote a pgk-list for your arch yet. (see below)

I copied the existing pkg-lists around to the new places. So if it
works in the normal branch it should work here too, mostly.

If it doesn't build run "make -k; make -k 2>&1 | tee logfile" and send
it to me please.

What should work?

i386 can build cdroms and floppies. Given woking udebs and debs they
should work.

powerpc should be able to build cdroms. floppies need some targets in
build/make/arch/linux-powerpc to make a bootable floppy.

All other archs need a complete build/make/arch/linux-arch overhaul.

Any non i386 arch will have some missing pkg-lists or media-lists.

What has changed?

Supported images are now: (sizes on i386)

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          52M Oct 17 01:36 cdrom-base.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3.2M Oct 17 01:35 cdrom-boot.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          22M Oct 17 01:36 cdrom-udebs.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:33 floppy-boot.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-cdrom.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-initrd.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-net.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-scsi.img

cdrom-udebs and cdrom-base should work, cdrom-boot is probably
unusable due to its pkg-list.

floppy-boot is the first floppy and will ask for floppy-initrd (soon
to be named floppy-root). The rest is drivers.

root@dual:/d-i/build# du -k tmp/floppy-tree-*
1404    tmp/floppy-tree-boot
344     tmp/floppy-tree-cdrom
1312    tmp/floppy-tree-initrd
1024    tmp/floppy-tree-net
1148    tmp/floppy-tree-scsi

I used busybox-cvs-udeb on the floppy because busybox-cvs-floppy-udeb
has no find. Afaik that will be fixed tomorrow by an NMU.

The floppy-initrd fails with a mount error which I was told is also a
busybox problem and will be fixed.

Were to I configure what goes where? What are pkg-lists / media-lists?

Pkg-lists are what gets installed onto a ramdisk, media-lists is what
gets dumped onto a floppy directly as udeb or onto cdrom as partial
mirror (atm it just copies the mirror to cdrom).

>From those lists and the activated targets a list of needed udebs and
debs is genersted and those will be mirrored my "make mirror". The
list of udebs is saved to stamp/udebs-list whenever it changes and all
images depend on stamp/udebs-list. That means whenever you change any
of the pkg-lists/media-lists (udebs only for now) just type "make" to

On most archs those lists might be missing. Take a look at other lists
in the same dir and modify them for your arch if needed. If you find a
package in a common list unsuitable for your arch delete it there and
insert it into all other archs lists.