Re: USB Floppy

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:53, Joey Hess wrote:

> A more complicated thing to try is, at the boot: prompt, enter
> "linux BOOT_DEBUG=5"
> This will produce a very verbose bootup, and it will drop you into a
> shell at several points (just exit the shell to keep going). There is a
> program called usb-discover that tries to detect your USB and load the
> right module to support it. You can try running that, or modprobing the
> appropriate kernel modules by hand. If your floppy is detected by the
> kernel, /dev/scsi will be populated with a set of directories and
> devices. If you have that tree, this is not a USB detection problem, but
> something else.

When I try this, it gets to the part where it requests the second floppy
and then prints the following over and over:

.+ [ -b dev/floppy/0 ]
+ mount dev/floppy/0 -o ro -tvfat floppy
<1>Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 4489ed45
printing eip:
c0115825
*pde = 00000000
Oops: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c0115825>] Not tainted
EFLAGS: 00010202

<register dump, stack dump, call trace, code>

 + echo -n
+ sleep 5

How can I get to a shell so that I can check /dev/scsi?

--
Shah <msdin@shaw.ca>