Re: Proposed build system

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 08:09:15PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

>   oldpmac miboot floppy install : needs one kernel floppy + miboot,
>   initrd on one floppy also, but maybe a two phase installation (would
>   need 3 floppies) as the initrd will not fit on one floppy.

Except, if we remove some scsi modules we could keep it on one floppy.
I'll try to do some research to find out if the hardware related to
these large modules have ever been used on powerpc -- mac, chrp, or
rs6k.

If anyone already knows these drivers are i386-only, that would help
(listed in order of decreasing size):

aic7xxx_old.o
qlogicfc.o
advansys.o