Re: Install report, laptop with USB CD-ROM

* tbm <tbm@cyrius.com> [2003-09-09 01:33]:
>  - Ok, the most important part... the USB CD-ROM is not recognized...
>    It needs the usb-storage module.  I worked around this problem by
>    manually putting the usb-storage module in the image and rerunning
>    depmod.  When I boot, I can then manually insert the module on F2
>    and d-i will then find the CDROM.  So 2 things are needed for d-i
>    to support USB CD-ROMs: 1. the usb-modules udeb needs the
>    usb-storage module.  I will file a bug about this.  2. You need to
>    load the usb-storage module.  I did it manually, but this should
>    really be done automatically.

Herbert correctly pointed out that adding the usb-storage module to
usb-modules implies that usb-modules will have to depend on
scsi-modules.  I didn't think this would be a problem since
scsi-modules was part of Marvin's images.  However, it would be good
if you could comment on this.  Personally, I certainly think
usb-storage is important since laptops without built-in CD-ROM are
increasingly common.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com