Re: debian-installer kernel policy

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 11:34:52PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bastian Blank]
>
> > it may make the communication between the d-i team and the kernel
> > maintainers.
>
> Did you drop some words from the sentence?  It will make the
> communication better, I guess?

please don't forget that i'm a bad english writer.

> > http://debian.ipv4.waldi.eu.org/debian-installer/kernel-policy/
>
> Would it be possible to make one long web page instead of all the
> small ones?  It was painful to read it.

[x] done

> > Chapter 3. Packages
> > Gerneral use Kernel Images
> >
> > The general use Kernel Images are out of the scope of this document.
>
> Eh, we want to use a normal kernel in d-i, so the general kernel
> images is not outside the scope of the d-i kernel documentation,
> right?

i just said, the d-i images must be built with the same binaries.

> Why the name change?  The current packages are called
> kernel-image-VERSION-udeb and TYPE-modules-VERSION-udeb, I believe.

finaly fix the namespace problem of the term kernel, we have more than
one type of kernels in the archive.

bastian

--
Love sometimes expresses itself in sacrifice.
		-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3220.3