Re: debian-installer kernel policy

Bastian Blank wrote:

> Chapter 3. Packages
> linux-image-VERSION-udeb
>
>    This package only include the kernel image themself.

What about architectures that need different images for booting different subarchs like powerpc? (See thread "d-i and iBooks" on this list) Should they provide one udeb for every subarch or all the images in one udeb? I belive it will not be possible to create bootable floppies for more than one of this subarchs normally (floppies are probably too small to contain more than one kernel), but it may be possible to create cd's booting on different subarchs (I hope this is possible for powerpc!).

gaudenz