Re: Status of aic79xx driver

Hello all,

The plot thickens... now the compilation of the aic79xx module for
kernel 2.4.21 throws errors.

1) I fixed another (temporary) Linux box
   to compile a kernel which should be
   rdev'ed into the standard rescue floppy image.

2) Dowloaded the source to kernel 2.4.21 and started the compilation.
   However, the compiler (Gcc version 3.2) throws an error when
   compiling the aic79xx driver:

<output from Make>

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/drivers/scsi/aic79xx'
make all_targets
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/drivers/scsi/aic79xx'
make -C aicasm
make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/drivers/scsi/aic79xx/aicasm'
*** Install db development libraries
gcc -I/usr/include -I. -ldb aicasm.c aicasm_symbol.c aicasm_gram.c aicasm_macro_gram.c aicasm_scan.c aicasm_macro_scan.c -o aicasm
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
In file included from aicasm.c:49:
/usr/include/regex.h:535:1: warning: "__restrict_arr" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:283,
                 from /usr/include/sys/types.h:26,
                 from aicasm.c:44:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:212:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
aicasm_symbol.c:48:19: aicdb.h: No such file or directory
In file included from aicasm_symbol.c:54:
/usr/include/regex.h:535:1: warning: "__restrict_arr" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:283,
                 from /usr/include/sys/types.h:26,
                 from aicasm_symbol.c:45:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:212:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
aicasm_symbol.c:63: parse error before '*' token
aicasm_symbol.c:63: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class
aicasm_symbol.c: In function `symbol_delete':
aicasm_symbol.c:87: `DBT' undeclared (first use in this function)
aicasm_symbol.c:87: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
aicasm_symbol.c:87: for each function it appears in.)
aicasm_symbol.c:87: parse error before "key"

</output from Make>

... a mile of compilation errors follow ...

I guess that there are quite a number of you pholx out there who have
sucessfully built the aic79xx.o. If so, please simply attach it to an
email and bounce it to me.