Status of aic79xx driver

#include <hallo.h>
* listreader@angmar.jguru.se [Tue, Aug 05 2003, 10:49:34PM]:

> I have recently bought a fine server running 3 raid disks on an Adaptec
> 39320D SCSI card. This card is supported by the Linux aic79xx driver
> (the old one aic7xxx does not work).

> ==> Is there someone out there who has a compiled module driver that
>     can stick on a module floppy to load the driver during installation?

I guess you do not have a source package which does not depend on a
certain kernel source three? I hear rumors again good/bad aic79xx
driver, but either people point me to some Adaptec driver source which
is meant to replace the kernel dir, or to some another source which
relies on newer kernel versions or seems to rely on 2.4.20 but still
does not build with them, then there is another story about working
aic79xx driver in 2.4.21 (which AFAICS won't go into boot-floppies) but
others said that it is not recent enough for the latest models and you
some hacker patch to make it work. So could anyone bringt light into
this issue and summarize all the information about this weird Adaptec
product and Linux support issues?

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Was hat denn der Gast von Tisch drei ins Beschwerdebuch geschrieben?
Gar nichts, er hat das Schnitzel eingeklebt.