Re: sarge-i386-1.iso bootable image...NOT INSTALLING

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:03:21AM -0700, Nathan Mellin wrote:
> Martin,

[...]
> Karoly Szalai (cc-ed) was trying to help me by
> suggesting that I update my pcmcia-cs package because
> 2.2.16 is outdated/bugged.  However, sarge doesn't
> look better (yet ;-)
>
> What does look good and work is Knoppix distribution
> of Debian linux, but this has its qwerks too, such as
> 2.2GB install on hardrive or only cdrom...not much
> flexibility.

Knoppix is also debian based. The state of sarge's installer doesn't
reflect the state of the entire distribution; in fact if you want
sarge the best thing to do is to use the woody installer to install a
very basic system, then dist-upgrade to woody and add everything else
you want. Many people are running sarge successfully, there just
aren't too many _installing_ it successfully :)

So, upgrading to the sarge version of PCMCIA would probably be a
good thing to try, as was suggested.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People