udeb priority issues

On 28 Feb 2003 20:41:46 +0100, "Martin Sjögren"
<md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se> said:
> The following udebs have priority standard but make no sense whatsoever
> to install unless you want to do netinst:
>
> choose-mirror
> dhcp-client-udeb
> ethdetect
> netcfg-dhcp
> netcfg-static
> nic-modules-2.4....
>
> How should anna handle this? I'm thinking of having a concept of tasks,
> where "install from network" would obviously be one that's added by
> default for netinst (however we want to detect this...)
>
> If you can think of other tasks (this is very conceptual right now), I'd
> be happy to hear of it.
>

> /Martin

oops, sorry <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se>!! ..... post here:

One task might be to allow creation of /boot partition within cyl 1024
before rest of install.... that is, before install of other OS's before
GNU/Linux install process and the resulting  LILO/GRUB booter.
Not sure that tomsrtbt floppy (http://www.toms.net/rb/) allows this for
kernel v2.4 + ??

--
  AaronCohen