Re: i18n second stage...

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 06:50:30AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> Only may request: it is to late for a translated 2. install stage, it is
> to late for a apt-i18n, it is to late for a 'select ddtp-source in the
> b-f', it is to late for a ...

No, it's not "too late" for apt-i18n, apt-i18n is screwed in other
ways. You need to actually *WORK WITH* Jason to get the changes acceptable
to be merged into apt, or for it to be clear that a separate package is
the right way to go.

Similarly for the ddtp nonsense, you need to rewrite the piece of junk so
that we don't have to worry about it overloading a dual 900MHz UltraSparc
with 1.5GB of memory.

Just going off on your own and deciding "hey, no one else cares about
i18n, therefore I can just do whatever I want and it doesn't matter how
this affects anyone else, and anyone who disagrees is obviously one step
away from being a racist anyway" isn't helpful.

Yeesh.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''