Re: i18n second stage...

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 07:45:15AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> IIRC we would need at least translated templates for passwd and
> console-data. When I asked about chances of making i18n in Woody, I got
> a veto, explaining that I was too late and we are very close to the
> release and it may be possible when I had begun 6 months before.

Yes, and those six months have been spent fixing the existing problems.
I'm sorry, but the standard i18n hystrionics aren't helpful or
interesting. If you want to ever have Debian support i18n well you need
to start working on unstable early in the release cycle and demonstrate
some patience and some skill.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''