Re: i18n second stage...

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 07:45:15AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> >  - make the release without the missinig translated templates
> >  - better translate the missing tamplates. IMHO this is not a big
> >    problem.
>
> IIRC we would need at least translated templates for passwd and
> console-data. When I asked about chances of making i18n in Woody, I got
> a veto, explaining that I was too late and we are very close to the
> release and it may be possible when I had begun 6 months before. Now,
> it seems that Woody is going to be released even 6 months later. Now, I
> have either time to work on a such task, nor motivation to do so. Sorry.
>
> BTW, one of the reasons why I claim our release scheme to be outdated
> and suck more and more in the future.

Yes, I see also this problem. All the time it is to late.

Only may request: it is to late for a translated 2. install stage, it is
to late for a apt-i18n, it is to late for a 'select ddtp-source in the
b-f', it is to late for a ...

Some of this are finish, only doc patches or add optional things. All
not a real big thing. But it is to late...

Maybe woody+1 is better

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
 Win0.98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.