Re: Best way to use base-config_1.33.18?

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 09:26:09AM +0100, J M Cerqueira Esteves wrote:
> * John H. Robinson, IV <jhriv@ucsd.edu> [2002-05-09 22:47 +0000]:
> > On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:34:30PM -0300, Jim Skea wrote:
> > >
> > >   I'm posting this to debian-boot since it seems where most of the
> > >   discussion on the base-config problem is gong on.
> >
> > my question, for those with base-config 1.33.17, and no easy way to
> > upgrade it, what is the workaround?
>
> What I've been doing is:

[snip of easy way of upgrading base-config]

i'm more worried about the debian newbies that have or will get woody
pre-release ISO's with the broken base-config.  telling them ``download
the new base-config, and toss it on a floppy'' is certianly one solution
(and the one i would follow, even though my newest system does not
_have_ a floppy drive . . .)

i'm looking for the workaround for the person locked up in their bunker,
cut off from civilisation, with only the (flawed) woody cdroms.

is there such a one?

-john