Best way to use base-config_1.33.18?

  Hi.

  I'm posting this to debian-boot since it seems where most of the
  discussion on the base-config problem is gong on.  I'm experiencing
  the same problem with the woody bf2.4 disks doing an install form our
  local mirror (I rsync from the Brazilian mirror).

  Could someone point me in the right direction as to the best way to
  incorporate base-config_1.33.18 into the installation set-up here? I
  tried editing woody's Packages and changing the version number and
  the md5sum, but the installation complained about inconsistencies.

  What's the *correct* way to do this.

  And while I'm on the subject of bf2.4, I tried installing on my laptop
  (Tosh. Satellite, 1805-S207) from these floppies and the text boot-screen
  omits the last 2 or 3 lines. This doesn't seem to be the case with the
  standard boot floppies. Is this a known bug?

  Thanks in advance.

  Jim

|         Jim Skea           | Grupo de Fisica Matematica e Computacional |
| Email jimsk@dft.if.uerj.br +----------+  Departamento de Fisica Teorica |
| WWW http://www.dft.if.uerj.br/JimSkea |       Instituto de Fisica, UERJ |
|                                       |    Rua Sao Francisco Xavier 524 |
| FAX    (+55) 21 2587 7296             |                        Maracana |
| Tel    (+55) 21 2587 7891 (Dept.)     |  20559-900 Rio de Janeiro -- RJ |
|                                       |                          Brasil |