Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 10:12:28AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Did YOU help introducing ANY new features in boot-floppies? I18n? Kernel
> 2.4, other filesystems, RAID support, lots of bugfixes in the existing
> code, etc.  etc.? Either you can continue your mission of distruction,
> or you stop crying about lost time. If we should work out and discuss
> every feature (needing some weeks), then test it some months, we won't
> release Woody before 2003.

No I didn't. I think this use of isolinux is fantastic. I've been having
a gander (unlike some other posters to this thread I suspect) and there
is nothing really new here - it really is using just a slightly
different syslinux binary and combining the syslinux.cfg's together with
access to all the discs in one. I can't see the big deal.

What I would provide/recommend is including a "smartboot" windows and
linux binaries - this can write a very simple boot floppy that will boot
cdroms on most machines with older non el-torito BIOS's.

Thumbs up for Isolinux CD #1.
--
Paul