Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:07:04PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:

> Other distros (such as slackware and mandrake) are already using isolinux
> in their installers.  I don't hear too many people complaining that those
> distro fail to boot from CD...

Do you follow those distributions' user and support mailing lists?  I
certainly don't, so I've no idea who can or can't install them.  What I do
hear quite often is "the only thing that would install was Debian [and
NetBSD]".

A search on lists.debian.org shows:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200111/msg00016.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200108/msg00258.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200108/msg00260.html

and nothing else ever.  The couple of messages in 200108 are all musing and
no code or testing.  Last August would have been a good time to start
experimenting with this if it was intended for woody.

--
 - mdz