Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 05:39:36PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:45:08PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > It seems to work for a large number of users, and that is its only job, is
> > it not?
>
> Well, no. :) idepci is known to fail for people with scsi and new ide
> hardware, so it's not really the best choice either. There probably is
> no best choice, but a system with a menu where you can choose a choice
> is probably better than any arbitrary default.

I have installed many SCSI systems (including the one that I'm using right
now) with potato CD #1, which I assume has a similar configuration.  I've
done the same with several IDE systems, but I'm not in touch with IDE stuff
enough to know whether it is considered recent.

I absolutely agree that a choice on CD 1 would be superior, especially since
it would make it possible to have the choice of a 2.4 kernel while only
using one CD.  But I think it would be even better to make a high-quality
release release according to aj's tentative schedule, rather than a
minimally-tested release (possibly much) later.

--
 - mdz