Re: 2.4 kernel as default boot kernel on CD #1 ??

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 12:07:39PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > The same with gentoo, they have even managed to fit a 2.4 kernel on
> > their first and only CD.
> > But I have at least one Computer (i386, from end of 1996) where isolinux
> > fails.
> What kind of failure ? It doesn't boot at all ? It only manages to boot
> one image ?

At all.
I think the BIOS is just able to use el-toronto floppy emulation.
It says something about "1.4" before booting from harddisk.

> > MULTIBOOT seems to work everywhere at least with the first image, but it
> > fails on 2 newer systems.
> Fails in the meaning of booting the first image without proposing a menu
> or completely fails to boot ?

Sorry, I was not accurate.
It works without proposing a menu, but I will test today on another system and
2 notebooks.

Regards
Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)