Re: Installation KO with current boot floppies

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:09:33PM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:52:49PM +0100, Jean-Paul POZZI wrote:
> > I try to install my system with the latest boot-floppies with no success :
>
> Which version of the boot floppies are you using?  3.0.18?
Probably, I assume he was testing on amiga (m68k), the name rings a bell...
3.0.19 is not yet built for m68k, working on it.

> > 1) problem while choosing kernel modules.
> > A message complaining about "modconf.sh" beeing not OK ... it seems to
> > be present and OK. The message does not "block" the installation process and
> > the modules seems to be installed OK.
>
> It would help if you could specify what you were doing when the
> error occurred and its exact text.
>
> > 2) Problem to install "basedebs.tgz".
> > The installer could not find the basedebs.tgz, even if it was there in
> > the right directory. I can't install and had to use the older boot-floppies
> > that I had on my harddisk.
>
> Likewise (i.e., where was basedebs.tgz located, what did you tell
> the installer to do, etc.).
That looks like the basedebs.tgz-is-actually-basedebs.tar bug? Why is
everybody using basedebs, install from the network!

Christian