Re: d-i ramblings

David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> writes:

> Sure, we could do it that way too, though it feels like more of a hack.
> We're running dpkg-reconfigure, or similar, on a module when we're just going
> got throw debconf out.  I haven't looked at it enough to see if this will
> confuse debconf.  I don't feel strongly either way.

	dpkg-reconfigure effectively grep -i's the config and postinst
        for "confmodule", and if not found throws debconf out for you.
        (And I even made it not loose the debconf.db;)

	If you don't want to use debconf under dpkg-reconfigure, well,
        just don't. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | A crash reduces